Contour describes it as a dead simple action video. I would have to agree. The simple locking instant on record switch works great. Just slide it forward and it starts filming.
Contour ROAM 2 Features and Specs:
- Red, blue, green, and black color options
- Locking Instant On-Record switch
- Compatible with all Contour camera mounts
- 3.5 Hour Battery Life
- 270° rotating lens
- 170° Wide Angle Lens
- 32GB microSD Compatible
- 4GB microSD Memory Card Included
- Waterproof to one meter
- Built-in Tripod (1/4" - 20) Mount
- Laser Alignment
- USB Connection
- Full HD Mode - 1920 x 1080 @ 30/25fps
- Tall HD Mode - 1280 x 960 @ 30/25fps
- Action HD Mode - 1280 x 720 @ 60/30/25fps
- Photo Mode: Every 1, 3, 5, 10, 30, or 60 seconds
- 5MP Sensor
- Codec - H.264/AAC / File Type - MOV
- AAC Audio Compression
The Roam2 is supplied with a 4GB microSD card. If you purchase a 32GB card, you can record up to 3.5 hours. It also has long battery life and is charged via the supplied USB cord.
The one thing that I feel makes the Roam2 lend itself so well to shooting sports is its low profile. It mounts much cleaner on a gun than the GoPro. Contour also sells its own picatinny mount.
Other companies also offer picatinny mounts, which I have not used as of yet. The Contour mount worked flawlessly for us. It can be a little tough getting the camera off & on the mount, but it worked great. The camera stayed in place & never came loose.
At $199 it's priced fair and is feature packed. Mounts are also available to attache the camera to helmets, hats or your wrist.